No-bake toffee Krispie bars
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Chewy and crispy cereal bars made with puffed rice and toffee, this is very easy and quick to make without any baking. Make these no-bake bars in 15 minutes and give them to the kids as a nice snack, or you can pop them in their lunchbox to take to school. Either way, a homemade treat is so much better than anything shop bought, so make sure you make enough because the kids (and even grown-ups in the house) will be coming back for them time and time again! This recipe makes a batch of 12 so you should have enough to keep the house going for a little while... Hopefully!
- 227g packet chewy toffees
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 200g pack marshmallows
- 200g (7oz) Rice Krispies
You will also need:
- 27 x 18cm (11 x 7in) tin, buttered
Use any other breakfast cereal you might have for this recipe.
- Unwrap the toffees and put them in a bowl with the butter. Microwave on High for 2 mins (or put the toffees and butter in a pan and heat gently) until melted.
- Stir mixture well, then add the marshmallows and microwave on High for 1 min or gently in the pan. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cereal and mix until itís completely coated in the toffee mixture. Tip into the tin and press down to level surface. Cool for 15 mins.
- Cut into 12. Cover the whole tin with cling film to take on the picnic. Or, alternatively, spoon into 12 paper cases and transport in a container.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 276(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.