- (30g/1oz)1 slice stale white bread, crusts removed
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 125g (4oz) smoked codís roe
- 1 peeled and crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Seasoning to taste
Variations: For a thinner consistency dip, add more milk or water.
- Tear slice of stale white bread into a bowl. Add milk and leave for 10 mins or until it absorbs the milk.
- Remove the membrane from smoked codís roe and put in a food processor with garlic. Whizz to mix.
- Add softened bread, fresh parsley, olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Serve on toasted baguette, or with radishes and hard-boiled quailís eggs, or halved Chantenay carrots, or carrot and celery sticks, for dipping.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 113(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.