Carolyn's mini strawberry cheesecakes
Skill level: Bit of effort
Mini strawberry cheesecakes are the perfect way to get a little bit of your favourite dessert without feeling like you've ruined all your dieting efforts. The recipe for these moreish mini strawberry cheesecakes was devised by Carolyn, who earned a runner-up prize in our strawberry tea contest. Carolyn makes her cheesecakes from cookie dough cases, Philadelphia, icing sugar and strawberry essence. We think we might have to have more than one...
- 1 tub of ready-made cookie dough, or a box of cookie dough mix.
- 1 x 200g tub of cream cheese (Carolyn used Original Philadelphia)
- 5tbsp icing sugar
- 1tsp strawberry essence
- 5 fresh strawberries
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 24 cup mini-muffin pan
See more of your brilliant strawberry tea cake entries to our baking contest for Breast Cancer Care.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F/gas 4.
- If using a box of cookie dough mix, sieve out the chocolate chips and make up as per packet instructions.
- Divide the cookie dough into 24 small balls and place one in each of the wells of a mini-muffin pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approx 10 mins.
- Remove the baked cookie dough from the oven and immediately press the dough into each well to make mini cheesecake cases.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins then remove the cheesecake cases from the pan and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until creamy, add the icing sugar and strawberry essence and beat until combined.
- When the cheesecake cases are cool, pipe the cheesecake mixture into each case and then top with a sliced strawberries and chocolate sprinkles.