Lucy's strawberry cupshakes
Skill level: Bit of effort
Lucy's fun and original strawberry cupshakes won her first place in our strawberry tea contest. Her strawberry milkshake frosting and straw decoration will leave everyone wanting a sip.
IngredientsFor the cupcakes:
- 250g self-raising flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 6tsp strawberry milkshake mix
- 4tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 100g strawberries (chopped)
For the Frosting:
- 75g butter
- 200g mascarpone
- 450g icing sugar, sifted
- 2tsp strawberry milkshake mix
- 2tbsp milk
- Pink food colouring as required
See more of your brilliant strawberry tea cake entries to our baking contest for Breast Cancer Care.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F/gas 4 and line a cupcake tin with 10 cases.
- Combine the flour, sugar, margarine, eggs and baking powder in a mixer and mix for 2 mins on high until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl add the strawberry milkshake mix to the milk and stir until it forms a paste.
- Fold the milkshake mix into the batter until well combined. Here you can also add 1 - 2tsps of pink food colouring. Gently fold in the pieces of strawberry.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the ready-prepared cupcake cases and bake for 20 mins in the centre of a preheated oven.
- For the milkshake frosting: Whilst your cupcakes are baking, make the milkshake frosting by creaming together the butter and mascarpone in an electric mixer.
- Slowly add the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Combine the milkshake mix and milk to create a paste then beat it into the frosting. Add 2 - 3tsp of pink food colouring.
- Once your cupcakes are cooled decorate as you wish! To make chocolate and banana flavoured cupshakes simply replace the strawberry milkshake mix and strawberries with chocolate and banana chunks and milkshake mix.