Red pepper hummus
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large ready-roasted grilled red pepper (about 125g/4oz)
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tahini (crushed sesame seed) paste
- 2 peeled and crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pitta bread, griddled, to serve
Variations: Use canned butter beans, cannellini or haricot beans instead of chickpeas. Add fresh coriander, if you like
- Put the chickpeas, pepper and tomatoes into a food processor and whizz until roughly chopped.
- Add the tahini, garlic, oil, and lemon juice and whizz until fairly smooth. Add more lemon juice and seasoning, to taste. Serve with the pitta bread. Use within 2 days.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 166(kcal)
- Fat 11.5g
- Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.