Let your imagination run wild with toppings for your cupcakes - there are loads of great decorations in the shops or use chopped nuts, banana chips, curls of chocolate or silver balls.
IngredientsFor the cupcakes:
- 100g (3 1/2oz) plain flour
- 25g (1oz) cocoa powder
- 250g (9oz) condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 85g (3oz) 70% fat buttery spread
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
For the frosting and Smarties decoration:
- 200g (7oz) icing sugar
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 55g (2oz) 70% fat buttery spread, softened
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 1-2tbsp condensed milk (try Carnation condensed milk)
- 2 boxes mini smarties, to decorate
You will also need:
- 12-hole muffin tin
- 12 cupcake or muffin cases
- For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake or muffin cases.
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, condensed milk, egg, vanilla extract, buttery spread and baking powder in a bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer for 2 - 3 mins until pale and fluffy.
- Spoon the cupcake mixture into the cases and bake for approximately 15 - 18 mins until springy to the touch and golden brown. Cool slightly then transfer to a cooling wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting and decoration: Beat the icing sugar, cocoa powder, buttery spread and vanilla with enough condensed milk to bring the mixture to a soft consistency. Spread or pipe onto the cakes. Decorate with the smarties.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.