Miri's white chocolate and raspberry cupcakes
Prep time:(including decorating time)
Total time:(plus 30 mins raspberries marinating time)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Miri Sugar shared her white chocolate cupcakes with us on our Facebook page. We love the addition of her tangy raspberry buttercream piped on top in a pretty iced rose design.
IngredientsFor the white chocolate cupcakes:
- 200g butter
- 250g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250g sifted flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml milk
- 150g melted white chocolate, tempered
For the raspberry buttercream:
- 150g butter
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 150g raspberries
- 1tbsp white granulated sugar
- Piping bag (optional)
- Star decorating tip like 2D Wilton, for icing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F/gas 4 and line a cupcake tin with 10 cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract and melted white chocolate and beat until it is well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and milk to the egg mixture in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat after each addition until everything is well incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake cases 2/3 of the way up and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 mins.
- Remove from oven, and wait 5 mins before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the raspberry buttercream: Put the raspberries in a bowl with white granulated sugar, mix and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
- Mash well with a fork and strain the raspberry juice into a pouring jug. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter for a few mins until creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar and mix until a smooth consistency. Add in the strained raspberry juice, plus 1tbsp of the raspberry pulp (optional) and mix well until incorporated and your buttercream is evenly pink in colour.
- Pipe the buttercream icing on top of the cupcakes with a star decorating tip like 2D Wilton, or just spread the frosting on cupcakes.