No-bake raspberry chocolate cupcakes
Prep time:(includes chilling time - at least 2 hours)
Skill level: Bit of effort
These cupcakes are a great recipe to make with the kids as they require no baking - you simply chill a mixture of Madeira cake, raspberries, chocolate and cream cheese with a few store cupboard ingredients. These tasty cupcakes are really easy to whip up and make a lovely treat in the afternoon with a cup of tea. Using fresh raspberries and cream cheese along with white chocolate, these cupcakes are lovely and fresh. This recipe makes eight cupcakes that don’t require any baking – so they’re even quicker to whip up. What more could you want?
- 100g bar white chocolate
- 300g (10oz) Madeira cake
- 1 medium egg white
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
- 200g tub cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
- 100g (31/2oz) raspberries
- 5.5cm (21/4in) cutter
- 8 muffin cases in muffin tins
We used Madeira cake from Waitrose, but M&S does a good one, too, in a larger size
- To make this cupcake recipe, put the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave until it melts. Stir and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the Madeira cake into 8 slices, then roughly crumble each slice at a time and pack the cake crumbs into the cutter. Press it down really well to form a disc of cake. Put this in a muffin case and press into the base. Repeat with the rest of the cake slices.
- Whisk the egg white to a stable foam, then whisk in the sugar to glossy peaks. Add the cream cheese to the melted chocolate and mix well, then fold in the meringue mixture and all but 8 of the raspberries. Spoon the mixture on to the cake in the muffin cases. Smooth the tops and pop a raspberry on each one.
- Chill until firm — about 2 hours or overnight is fine.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 351(kcal)
- Fat 21.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.