Prep time:(plus chilling time)
Total time:(plus chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 200g (7oz) jumbo oats
- 3tbsp mixed seeds (such as pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, golden linseed and hemp mixture)
- 3tbsp chopped roasted hazelnuts or toasted flaked almonds
- 100g (3Ĺoz) ready-chopped dried apricots
- 60g (2oz) sultanas
- 60g (2oz) Craisins or dried cranberries
- 90g (3oz) unsalted butter
- 2tbsp dark or light muscovado sugar
- 18cm (7in) square tin, lined with Bakewell paper
Use whichever dried fruits and mixture of seeds you like. They do need to be chopped fairly finely, though, so that the mixture will stick together.
- Dry-fry the oats in a large pan for 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally ó watch they donít catch. Put them in a large bowl.
- Add the mixed seeds to the hot pan and toast for a few seconds, then add to the oats along with the nuts.
- Put the apricots, sultanas and Craisins or cranberries in a food processor and whizz for a few seconds, to chop them more finely. Add the oat mixture and whizz to combine.
- Melt the butter with the sugar in a pan over a low heat, then bring to the boil for a minute and pour into the food processor and whizz to combine everything.
- Spread mixture in the tin and press down well. Leave in the fridge to firm up. Cut into squares.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 223(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.