- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 150ml (¼ pint) dry white wine
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 fish stock cube
- 200g (7oz) raw peeled king prawns
- 350g (12oz) sea-bass fillets, cut into big chunks
- 4-5 large plum tomatoes, skinned, quartered and deseeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Extra olive oil, fresh chopped parsley, fresh chopped garlic
Use canned whole tomatoes if you don’t have fresh ones and add any fish you like. Squid, scallops and big chunks of cod would suit the dish well.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and celery and sauté for a few mins. Add the peppers for a couple of mins and then the garlic and potato cubes.
- Turn up the heat, pour in the wine and sprinkle in the paprika and cayenne. Let the mixture simmer for a few mins, until the liquid is nearly reduced by half.
- Add the fish stock cube and 600ml (1 pint) hot water. Simmer for 10 mins or until the potato is just cooked.
- Add the prawns, sea bass, tomatoes (halved again if large) and parsley. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few mins, stirring gently once.
- Serve drizzled with more olive oil and sprinkled with parsley and more fresh chopped garlic and lemon zest, if you like. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 233(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.