Skill level: Bit of effort
This roasted ratatouille recipe is a great option for a healthy family meal. Packed with vegetables in a delicious tomato sauce, the whole family will enjoy this dish. This recipe makes mouth-watering roasted ratatouille, perfect served with meats like chicken or beef, and with fish too like cod or salmon fillets. It will take 1hr and 20 mins to make this delicious vegetable dish. This recipe serves 6 people and works out at only 150 calories per serving. Roasting the vegetables before making this ratatouille means each vegetable is infused with a delicious flavour. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days - reheat thoroughly before serving.
- 2 red romano or bell peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into big chunks
- 1 aubergine, sliced thickly and then the slices halved
- 2 courgettes, trimmed, halved and cut into short chunks
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 4 large plum or round tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
Serve warm, or cold, with bread or in smaller portions as a side
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Put all the prepared vegetables in a large roasting tray or tin, in a single layer if possible. Sprinkle with the oregano and seasoning and drizzle with 4 tbsp of the oil. Mix everything well with your hand. Roast for 45-50 mins until soft and beginning to brown. Stir a couple of times while cooking.
- When the veg are nearly cooked, heat a large frying pan and add the rest of the oil and the garlic and cook until the garlic begins to brown.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Stir in the veg.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 150(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.