Thai-style lamb with coconut sticky rice
Skill level: Easy peasy
This quick and tasty dish is perfect when you want something filling but are in a rush - you can also make a big batch and have it for extra meals in the week or to heat up for a healthy lunch.
- 225g lean lamb leg steak
- 1tbp oil
- 2tbsp Thai curry paste
- 3 spring onions
- 50g sugar snap peas
- 1 orange pepper
- 50g Shitake mushrooms
- 150ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- Sprinkle of fresh coriander
- Spinach to serve
If you'd prefer the curry with chicken, check out our delicious Thai green chicken curry recipe
- In a large non-stick wok or pan, fry 225g lean lamb leg steak, cut into thin strips in 1tsp oil until browned. Stir through 2tbsp Thai curry paste and add 3 spring onions, sliced, 50g sugar snap peas, sliced, 1 orange pepper, seeded and sliced, and 50g Shitake mushrooms, sliced. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 150ml reduced-fat coconut milk and heat for 1-2 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander and stir through a handful of spinach.
- Serve with sticky rice (basmati rice cooked in coconut milk) and extra steamed Chinese vegetables.