Beef, mint and mango tabbouleh
Skill level: Easy peasy
Whip up this healthy and tasty meal in no time - it combines buglar wheat and strips of sirloin steak with fresh herbs, zesty lime and mango - perfect for a quick dinner any day of the week.
- 2 lean thin cut sirlion beef steaks
- 150g bulgar wheat
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp fresh parsley
- 1tbsp fresh mint
- black pepper
- 1 fresh ripe mango
- ¼ cucumber
- Pomegranate seeds
- Green salad leaves
We've also got a great chicken tabbouleh recipe if you want to try that too
- Cook 150g bulgar wheat in accordance with packet instructions. Heat griddle pan, and cook 2 lean thin cut sirlion beef steaks, seasoned for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Into a large bowl add warm cooked bulgar wheat along with juice of 1 lime, 15ml (1tbsp) fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped, and 15ml (1tbsp) fresh mint, roughly chopped, black pepper, 1 fresh small ripe mango, roughly chopped and ¼ cucumber, cut into thin slices. Toss together and top with steaks cut into thick strips.
- Drizzle with fruity dressing of your choice and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with handful of green salad leaves.