Cheese and tomato ciabatta
- 2 half-baked ciabattas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 midi plum tomatoes, halved
- 8 large basil leaves
- 100g (31/2oz) grated Gruyere cheese
- Salad, to serve
Gruyere is a hard yellow cheese, if you're not a fan, substitute it with your favourite cheese
- Cut the ciabatta in half, then in half again lengthways. Lightly toast crust sides.Turn slices over and drizzle bases with olive oil.
- Arrange tomato halves on top. Tear up the basil leaves and scatter them over. Season, and sprinkle with grated Gruyere.
- Grill until bubbling and golden. Toast the tops of ciabatta, too. Serve hot with salad.