Granola and banana muffins
Cooking time:(may need an extra 5 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Pick up a multigrain granola muffin for an easy breakfast that fills you up. These muffins are sweetened with natural honey and bananas instead of using too much sugar.
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g honey
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 150g multigrain granola (we used Rude Health The Granola)
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 12-hole muffin tray
- 12 muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/300˚F/Gas Mark 2 and line a 12-hole muffin tray with 12 paper cases.
- Mash the bananas then mix them with the wet ingredients.
- Add most of the granola to the mixture, saving some for decorating, and stir in.
- Finally add in the flour and fold in until just mixed. Do not overwork the mixture at this stage.
- Fill the muffin cases with the muffin mixture to 2/3 full and sprinkle the remaining granola on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.