Lemon and lime ginger crunch
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious lemon and lime ginger crunch is easy to make in just a few simple steps. It is easy to bake as there is no-bake involved and only takes fifteen minutes to prepare from start to finish - perfect for an emergency dessert! The citrus contrasts between the lemon and lime flavours is delicious against the crunchy texture, provided by the addition of gingernut biscuits.
- 250g (8oz) gingernuts
- 125g (4oz) butter, melted
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 397g can condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 20cm (8in) loose-based sandwich tin, buttered
If you fancy making a traditional lemon tart, use our classic recipe.
You can make this recipe using just lemon zest and juice
- Put the biscuits in a polybag and crush them with a rolling pin evenly but not too finely. Mix them into the melted butter. Press 200g (7oz) of the mixture just over half of it into the base of the tin. Chill.
- Whip the cream in a bowl and stir in the condensed milk, lemon and lime zest and 10-12 tablespoons juice. Spoon the lemon-and-lime juice mixture over the biscuit base, smooth the top and sprinkle with the rest of the biscuit mixture. Chill overnight until set firm.
- Take out of the tin and slice for serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 361(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.