Mixed berry crisp
- 400g pack frozen berries: raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, blackberries (there’s no need to defrost them)
- 4 tsp cassis (blackcurrant liqueur), optional
- 4 tspgolden caster sugar
- 2 level tbsps thickening granules
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 60g (2oz) light muscovado sugar
- 60g (2oz) plain flour
- 60g (2oz) jumbo oats
- ½ level tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 teacups, buttered, on a baking tray
If you don’t want to add the cassis, add an extra teaspoon of sugar to the fruit. You don’t need to add any liquid.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Divide the frozen berries between the 4 cups. Spoon in the cassis, if using, and sprinkle with the sugar and thickening granules.
- To make the topping: Put the butter and sugar into a pan and heat gently, stirring, to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar. Spoon in the flour, oats and cinnamon.
- Spoon this flapjack-style topping over the fruit. Bake for 25-30 mins until topping is golden.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 370(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.