- 125g (4oz) butter
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- Finely grated rind and juice (150ml/1/4 pint) of 2 large lemons
- 2 medium eggs, roughly beaten
Once opened, store the jar of curd in the fridge
- Put the butter, sugar, lemon rind and strained juice in the top of a double saucepan over simmering water, or in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is hot, but not boiling, then stir about half a cupful of this on to the beaten eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the buttery mixture and stir continually over the heat for 6-8 minutes, or until it thickens. It should coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the lemon curd into small, sterilised jars. Seal, label and store in a cool place.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 27(kcal)
- Fat 1.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.