Plum, blueberry and almond crumble
- 500g (1lb) plums, halved
- 200g (7oz) blueberries
- 125g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 orange, finely grated zest and juice
- ½ tsp almond flavouring
- 1 level tbsp thickening granules
- 175g (6oz) plain flour
- 60g (2oz) ground almonds
- 90g (3oz) butter, chilled
- 90g (3oz) golden caster sugar
- 30g (1oz) flaked almonds
- 1.75 litre (3 pint) oven-proof dish, buttered
If you don't have a food processor you can make the breadcrumbs with your hands - it just might take a little longer!
- 1 Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the plums and blueberries into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, orange zest and juice, almond flavouring and thickening granules. Gently mix everything together.
- To make the crumble: Put the flour, almonds and small chunks of butter into a food processor. Pulse to form fine crumbs, then add sugar and whizz quickly.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit and scatter with the flaked almonds. Bake for 30 mins until pale golden.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 476(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.