Toffee apple jam
Makes: 2 x 260g jars
Total time:(plus cooling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Layers of toffee sauce and apple jam make this homemade toffee apple jam irresistible and a must-have addition to your Halloween party treats
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 100g of light Muscadvo sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 600g Bramley apples (once cored and peeled)
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250g white granulated cane sugar flavoured
- 1 vanilla pod with seeds taken out
- 2 x 260g jars
Want to make your own toffee apples? Check out our easy toffee apple recipes
- Firstly, melt the sugar, syrup and butter in a small pan and bring slowly to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes or so until thick. Stir in the cream and remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Secondly, place the apples, water, vanilla pods and lemon juice in a separate pan and cook down until soft and fluffy – this will take about 15-20minutes. Once the apples have become soft, add the sugar over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Then crank up the heat and bring to a simmering boil for approximately 4-5 minutes. The apple jam should be lovely and thick.
- Now the fun begins – add a layer of toffee sauce to the bottom of the jar and then a layer of apple jam and continue layering until you reach the top of the jar.