Bacon squeak frittata
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Leftover meals don't have to be boring. Use up bacon and veg from your roast dinner to make this simple but delicious mid-week bacon and squeak frittata
- 200g (7oz) lardons or thick bacon rashers, chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 100g (4oz) spring greens, shredded and lightly cooked
- 1 potato, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 6 eggs
This frittata is equally tasty served cold so is great for kids' lunchboxes or picnics.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and then cook the bacon lardons and onion for 2-3 minutes until they are just turning golden brown.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the pan and heat through. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes until just set.
- Finish by cooking under a pre-heated grill until the mixture is golden brown, crispy and completely set. Serve the frittata sliced into thick wedges with additional vegetables or salad.