Three trees Christmas cake
- 20cm round or 18cm square basic Christmas cake.
- Small amount of yellow sugarpaste
- 100g green sugarpaste
- Multicoloured dagrees
- Small star cutter
- Christmas tree cookie cutters
For an added effect use red and blue sugarpaste to make small edible presents and stick them under the trees.
- Cover your Christmas cake with marzipan and sugar paste.
- Start by kneading the yellow sugarpaste to soften it and roll it out, then cut out 3 stars.
- Roll out the green sugarpaste and cut out 3 tree shapes. Brush a little water on to the trees where the baubles are to be positioned and then stick the dragees in place, then stick on the stars. Mix some of the green sugarpaste with water to make a sticky glue, and use it to stick the trees on to the cake. Wrap a ribbon around the cake.