- 500g carton mascarpone cheese
- 90g (3oz) caster sugar
- 30g (1oz) dark chocolate, finely grated
- 2-3 level tsp instant coffee granules
- 100ml (3½fl oz) Tia Maria
- 24-30 amaretti biscuits, plus 4-6 biscuits to decorate
For an extra-chocolatey taste, dust with a little cocoa powder.
- Beat the mascarpone until softened, then beat in the sugar. Reserve 1tbsp grated chocolate and beat in the rest.
- Dissolve the coffee in 1tbsp boiling water and stir in the Tia Maria. Pour the coffee mixture over the amaretti biscuits on a deep plate and leave to soak for 1 min. Put a soaked biscuit at the bottom of each glass. Add 1 tsp of the coffee liquid to each one, reserving the rest of the liquid for later.
- Divide half the mascarpone mixture between the glasses, and then top with the remaining soaked amaretti biscuits. Spoon on the rest of the mascarpone and pour the remaining coffee mixture over it.
- Decorate with the extra amaretti biscuits and sprinkle over the reserved grated chocolate.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 535(kcal)
- Fat 38.0g
- Saturates 25.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.