- 2 medium egg whites
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- Edible glitter in silver or any colour you like
- Star-shaped cutter (8cm/3¼in in diameter)
- Large baking sheet, lined with Bakewell paper
- Piping bag and star nozzle
We used Wilton Edible Glitter Flakes, £8.99 for a pot, from HobbyCraft (www. hobbycraft.co.uk) or most cake shops.
- Set the oven to 110°C/225°F/Gas Mark ¼. Draw round the star-shaped cutters on the Bakewell paper to create a template. Whisk the egg whites in a large mixing bowl until they’re firm. Add half the sugar and whisk well until the meringue is stiff and glossy. Quickly whisk in the rest of the sugar.
- Put the meringue into the piping bag and pipe stars on the Bakewell paper. Sprinkle with glitter. Bake for 1-1¼ hours until they’re crisp and come off the paper easily. Turn off the oven and leave the stars in there for a couple of hours to dry out well.
- Thread ribbon through stars to hang them on the Christmas tree. They should keep for 2 weeks.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 43(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.