- 1 medium egg white
- 350g (12oz) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 3 tablespoons Sugar Sprinkles in white or any colour you like
- Snowflake cutter
- Baking sheet, lined with Bakewell paper
We used a set of Tree Trinket Cookie Cutters box set (ref 14493) £9.99 from Lakeland. Available online from www.lakeland.co.uk. The set comprises 3 large bauble-shaped cutters and a large snowflake cutter as well as 4 small cutters.
- Put the egg white in a mixing bowl and whisk it lightly to break it up, then sift in about a third of the icing sugar. Use a wooden spoon to beat it in to make a stiff paste. Add the peppermint essence and mix well.
- Sift the rest of the icing sugar on to the work surface, put the peppermint mixture on top and then knead it, incorporating the icing sugar, to make a smooth, pliable dough.
- Divide the mixture in half, and put half in a freezer bag. Roll out one half at a time to about 5mm (1⁄4in) thick and cut out snowflake shapes. Re-use the trimmings, add to the other half of the mixture, roll out and cut out more snowflake shapes. Put the shapes on the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with the Sugar Sprinkles and leave to set firm. These will keep for a week if stored in an airtight container in a cool place.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 130(kcal)
- Fat g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.