Chilly Philly potato cakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The ideal party snack, these potato cakes are so easy to make and are really tasty - especially with some chilly philly dip!
- 600g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g fresh coriander, chopped
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100g fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sesame oil
- 150g Philadelphia Light with Sweet Chilli
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
You could use regular cream cheese if you can't find sweet chilli flavoured or you could flavour it with your own herbs and spices
- To make the potato cakes, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and mash until smooth.
- Stir in the egg yolk, coriander, spring onions and lemon zest. Season to taste.
- Mix well together and shape into about 16-20 small cakes. Put the breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll the cakes firmly in the crumbs. Heat the oil in a heavy based non stick frying pan and cook the potato cakes for 3-4 minutes on both sides or until browned and heated through.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Put the Philly and lime juice in a small basin and mix together. Add the mayo and stir to give a soft consistency. Serve the hot potatoes cakes with the Philly dipping sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 358(kcal)
- Fat 15.6g
- Saturates 4.7g
- Sugars 3.2g
- Salt 0.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.