Parma-wrapped gorgonzola figs
- 4 figs
- 60-90g (2-3oz) Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 slices Parma ham
- Small bag rocket salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tbsp clear honey
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
If possible, choose a Gorgonzola “piccante” rather than the milder “dolce” type, for a tangy taste which contrasts well with the sweetness of the figs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig and fill with the crumbled Gorgonzola. Cut the slices of Parma ham in half lengthways and wrap one piece around each fig. Put the figs on a small baking sheet and place them in the centre of the oven. Cook for 5-10 mins, until the cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together. Divide the salad leaves between either 2 or 4 plates and put either 1 or 2 figs on the plates. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, plus a little over the figs, if you like. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve straight away.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 162(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 4.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.