Peppermint bark trees
Cooking time:(chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Bakes From The States Make these edible Christmas trees with just 3 simple ingredients. Perfect for homemade gifts and stocking fillers, these peppermint bark trees are from our US sister site, MyRecipes.com
- 1 cup lightly crushed striped peppermints or candy canes
- 14oz white chocolate candy melts, melted
- 1 1/2 cups dark cocoa candy melts, melted
- Silicone Christmas tree-shaped ice cube tray
To convert these US measurements into UK ones check out this handy guide
- Sprinkle approximately 1 tbsp of the crushed peppermint candies in the bottom of 18 mini tree-shaped silicone ice cube molds.
- Spoon white candy melts into a Ziplock/freezer bag and seal the bag. Snip a small corner off the bag. Lightly grip the bag and pipe enough candy to cover the mints by about 1/2 inch. Tap the pan on the kitchen counter to smooth the melted white candy. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes until the candy is just set.
- Spoon the dark cocoa candy melts into another Ziplock bag and seal bag. Snip a small corner off the bag and pipe a thin layer of dark cocoa candy melts on top of white candy melts. Tap tray on countertop to smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Remove candies from the tray. Wrap in cellophane and tie with a bow, or package in a gift box.