John Torode's sage and apple stuffing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Stuff your turkey or chicken with John Torode's tasty sage and apple stuffing. Made with fresh apples lots of herbs and rich sausage meat, it'll go down a treat this Christmas
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 50g butter
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 handful mixture chopped sage and parsley
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g pork sausage meat
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
If you're short on time, make this the night before and store in the fridge.
- Boil the potatoes, onions and parsnips until soft, then drain. Melt the butter in a pan then add the veg and fry for 1 minute. Season really well, adding lots of pepper.
- Stir in the apples and leave to cool.
- Mix in the sage and parsley, breadcrumbs, sausage meat and the egg and then taste and adjust the seasoning as you wish. Stuff your turkey or chicken and cook according to their recipe timings.