Florida fruits with toasted brioche
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 1 large orange
- 4 level tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- A few fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 thick slices of brioche
Add grapes and chunks of melon or apple, if you like.
- Peel and segment the grapefruit and orange over a bowl, to catch all the fruit juice, and squeeze the peel to get more juice out.
- Put the sugar in a heavy-based pan with 2 tbsp water. Heat gently, shaking the pan occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the syrup to the boil for a minute. Add the fruit juice and heat gently until the caramel has dissolved. Pour into a bowl, stir well and then add the fruit segments and pomegranate seeds. Spoon into two bowls and decorate with mint leaves.
- Griddle or toast the slices of brioche and serve hot with the fruit.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 388(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 3.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.