Fragrant maple coffee
- 8 cardamom pods, roughly crushed
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 200ml (7 floz) boiling water
- 300ml (1/2pint) milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Pour the coffee through a tea-strainer into the mugs to remove the cardamon seeds after infusing.
- Put the cardamom pods into a cafetiére with the coffee. Pour over the boiling water and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Microwave the milk on High for 2 minutes. Pour the coffee into 2 heatproof mugs and add the maple syrup.
- Whisk the hot milk and pour it on top of the coffee.