Courgette, asparagus and Feta tagliatelle
Skill level: Bit of effort
goodtoknow user Arthur sent us his recipe for this summery pasta dish, made with courgettes, asparagus and sharp, creamy Feta. It's one of his favourites to cook when friends come over
- 2 courgettes
- 1 vegetable stock pot (such as Knorr)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 red chilli
- 1/4 green chilli
- 100g Feta
- 150g asparagus
- 250g fresh egg tagliatelle
- Squeeze of lemon
- Splash of double cream
- Slice one of the courgettes into very thin rounds. Cook over a low heat in a large wok or saucepan. Don't let it brown, you are looking to make a stock-like paste by gently cooking the courgette. Add the odd splash of water when needed.
- Chop and add the garlic and continue to cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock pot/crumble in the stock cube and add some more water if needed. Leave it bubbling away while you get on with the next part.
- Dice the Feta into 1cm cubes. Chop the chillies into small squares and combine in a separate bowl. Season well and mix so that the chilli pieces stick to the Feta.
- Chop the other courgette into big slices. Steam the courgette and asparagus for 6-7 minutes (they should still have some 'bite' but not be undercooked).
- Cook the tagliatelle as per pack instructions.
- Combine all of the ingredients apart from the Feta mixture, including a squeeze of lemon and a splash of cream. Toss the Feta mixture into the pasta just before serving..