Jo Pratt's pork, broccoli and blackbean stir-fry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This stir-fry has an oriental feel to it, with succulent pork and a rich blackbean sauce - perfect for a quick meal at home.
- 2 tbsp stir-fry oil
- 600g pork fillet, sliced into strips
- 6 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into 3 cm sticks
- 200g-300g broccoli, sliced in half
- A handful of roasted cashew nuts
- Rice or noodles, to serve
Serve with steamed brown rice to make this a filling and nutritious family meal.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large wok and then add the pork. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, or until browned. Remove from the wok and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the wok, and stir-fry the broccoli and spring onions for a few minutes until the broccoli is just tender. Add the black bean sauce, lemon juice and chicken stock. Cook for about 1 minute for the sauce to thicken slightly. Return the pork back to the pan and cook just long enough for it to heat through.
- Serve with rice or noodles.