Ainsley Harriott’s chicken pasta with peas
Using low-fat crème fraîche as a pasta sauce is a great way of keeping the calorie count down
- 350g pasta shapes
- 175g frozen peas
- 175g piece of cooked chicken, chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish mixed with 1 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- Ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the pasta. Stir once and cook for 10–12 minutes, or according to the instructions on the packet, until the pasta is cooked but still slightly firm in the middle.
- About 2 or 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the peas to the pan.
- Drain the mixture in a colander, then return to the pan. Add the chicken, horseradish mixture and parsley. Stir well to combine and season with pepper. Put the pan over a gentle heat until everything is just warmed through, then serve in bowls.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 426(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Salt 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.