Slimming World's bacon and tomato risotto
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's bacon and tomato risotto recipe is an easy win. Simple and quick to make, follow Slimming World's recipe to make this classic risotto. No complicated cooking needed here, just pop this in the oven and enjoy a delicious bacon and cherry tomato risotto an hour later. The best part is that this delicious Slimming World easy recipe only takes 20 minutes to prepare, so you donít have to spend too much time in the kitchen and still have one of the best Slimming World dinners. Itís especially handy for a midweek dinner when you still want to commit to your Slimming World plan but donít have much time to whip up a meal that will work for you and the rest of the family as well. With courgettes and cherry tomatoes, this extra easy Slimming World recipe also helps you reach your 5-a-day, keeping you healthy while also helping you get slimmer. If you want to make this risotto recipe vegetarian-friendly for yourself or a veggie friend or family member, all you have to do is remove the bacon. To up your vegetable count in this Slimming World recipe you could replace the bacon with another vegetable and up your 5-a-day count. And if you want to make it even healthier, why not have with a side green salad with fresh spinach and rocket? This recipe serves 4 people, which means the whole family can enjoy tucking into this for dinner together. You could also keep leftovers for lunch for the week Ė this dish will keep in the fridge in a Tupperware for a few days.
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g lean bacon, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 baby courgettes, sliced
- 300g dried risotto rice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives or dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 700ml boiling hot vegetable or chicken stock
Serve with broccoli on the side for an extra healthy dose of vitamins
- Preheat the oven to 200įC/400įF/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the tomatoes, bacon, onion, courgettes, rice and chopped herbs in a medium-sized baking dish. Season well.
- Pour in the hot stock, stir to mix well and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour until the rice is just tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website