Slimming World's chicken pappardelle
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimminng World's chicken pappardelle recipe is light, tasty and quick to make too with a gorgeous garlic and veg passata sauce. This easy dish is a favourite. This recipe takes 1hr and 15 mins to make serving 4 people. It's the perfect family meal. This recipe is great for using up leftover chicken from your Sunday roast dinner too, just cook it for a shorter period of time making sure it is thoroughly reheated before serving. Leftovers of this dish prepared from scratch can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. It's perfect the next day served cold or hot for lunch.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100ml chicken stock
- 400g plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 350g dried pappardelle
- 150g rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
You can use whatever pasta you fancy to make this dish your own
- To make this chicken breast recipe, spray a saucepan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and stir-fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry over a medium-high heat until lightly coloured. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the stock and tomatoes.
- Cover the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes have become very soft and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until tender al dente (tender but still retaining a bite). Drain well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Stir the rocket into the sauce and season to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and toss gently to combine thoroughly and serve immediately.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website