Slimming World's lamb, ginger and broccoli stir-fry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Shake things up a little and try this lamb stir-fry. The crunchy peppers and fiery ginger work so well with the lamb that we're sure it'll become a regular on the menu
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 600g lean lamb leg steaks, all visible fat removed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely sliced into very thin strips
- 6 spring onions, shredded
- 3 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- A pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into very thin strips
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
Experiment with the amount of chilli and ginger you put in to give this dish a fiery kick.
- Spray a non-stick wok or large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the lamb, in batches, and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove the lamb with a slotted spoon, set aside and keep warm.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the sweet chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, chilli flakes and 100ml of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and broccoli to the sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes then return the lamb to the wok and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to heat through before serving.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website