Leek, red pepper and blue cheese tart
- 1 large leek (about 300g/ 12oz), washed and sliced
- Knob of butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 200ml pot crème fraîche
- 21cm (8½in) blind-baked shortcrust pastry tart case
- 100g (3½oz) blue Shropshire cheese, or whichever cheese you fancy
- 2 ready-roasted red peppers, cut into strips
Instead of a pastry case, you can use a sheet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry to line a 20-23cm (8-9in) tart tin.
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Add the leek and butter to a hot frying pan and cook gently for 5 mins until softened.
- Beat the eggs and crème fraîche together in a jug. Put the leeks in the pastry case on a baking sheet, and crumble in half the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tart case. Dot with the rest of cheese and add strips of pepper. Bake for 35 mins. Serve with a salad, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 323(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.