Chocolate coffee fondant puddings
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
After dessert in a hurry? These rich chocolate and coffee fondant puddings, with a melt-in-the-middle chocolate centre, are ready in less than 30 mins
- 125g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 2 tbsp coffee dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water
- 60g caster sugar
- 145g plain flour
Serve with fresh fruit and cream for an extra treat
- First grease and then line 4 metal 175ml pudding bowls with 7.5cm round of parchment paper. This prevents the base of the pudding from sticking.
- Break the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and add the butter. Place bowl over a pan of boiling water without letting the bowl touch the water and stir gently until it has a smooth, melted consistency.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coffee, egg yolks and sugar together using an electric whisk until the mixture is pale and frothy and the whisky leaves a ribbon-like trail on the surface of the mixture. The mixture should treble in volume.
- Gently mix the melted butter and chocolate into the mixture.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour into the mixture gently and carefully, until just combined. Use a gentle, folding movement to avoid knocking any air out of the mixture.
- Chill the puddings for 20 minute and pre-heat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the puddings onto a baking tray and cook for 7-8 minutes or until a crack just starts to form on the top of the sponge.
- Invert onto a serving plate and serve immediately.