Butternut squash and spinach tortilla
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Try this easy Weight Watchers recipe if you're in a hurry. Ready in just 30 mins, this squash and spinach tortilla has only 199 cals per serving
- 800g butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced finely
- 6 eggs
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 150g baby spinach leaves, washed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
It is necessary to keep the heat very low so that the bottom of the tortilla does not burn before it is cooked through
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the squash and cook for 1015 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and mustard and season.
- Heat a large (20 cm/8 inch) non stick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the squash and stir fry for a few minutes, until it turns golden. Add the spinach and stir fry for a further few minutes, until wilted. Tip the egg mixture into the pan.
- Stir gently together and then cook over the lowest heat, without stirring, for 1012 minutes or until the bottom is golden and the tortilla is nearly set. Preheat the grill to medium.
- Slide the pan under the preheated grill for a few minutes, until the top is golden and puffy and the egg is completely set. Cut into four wedges and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 199(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.