- 200g pappardelle pasta
- 50g frozen soya beans
- 100g French beans, cut into 2-3
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 100g low-fat cream cheese with garlic and herb, eg, Philadelphia Light
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Few shavings of Parmesan cheese, to serve
The cooking times are based on pappardelle that needs 8 mins cooking. Adjust if necessary so that the vegetables are added to the boiling water for the last 4 mins of the cooking time.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook it for 4 mins. Add soya beans to pan, followed by the French beans, and cook for a further 4 mins, or until pasta and vegetables are just tender.
- Drain pasta and pour milk into hot pan and add cream cheese. Stir over a low heat until cheese melts to give a smooth sauce.
- Add tomatoes to pan and heat them through. Return pasta to the pan, season well and mix into sauce. Spoon into serving dishes, scatter Parmesan shavings on top and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 513(kcal)
- Fat 9.5g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.