Jerk turkey skewers
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp dark soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 350g turkey escalopes or steaks
- 100-120g carton ready prepared pineapple
- Jacket potatoes, low-fat Greek yogurt and salad, to serve
Tinned pineapple in juice can be used instead of fresh pineapple, but drain it well before using it.
- Mix together jerk seasoning, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in a shallow dish. Place the turkey in the mixture and turn it to coat well. Cover the dish and chill it in the fridge to let it marinate for at least 1 hr or overnight.
- Cut the turkey into narrow strips and thread it on to skewers, zigzagging it with some of the pineapple cubes.
- Cook the skewers under a hot grill for about 8-10 mins, basting them with any leftover marinade, and turning them occasionally ó make sure that they are thoroughly cooked after the marinade has been brushed on them, as it will contain raw meat juices.
- Serve each turkey skewer with a jacket potato, thatís been split and a little Greek yogurt spooned into it, and some salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 134(kcal)
- Fat 0.7g
- Saturates 0.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.