- 225g packet mini duck fillets
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 210g packet baby corn and sugar-snap peas, sliced
- 4 tbsps hoisin sauce
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- Cooked basmati and wild rice, to serve
Duck can be left to marinade overnight if prefered
- Place the duck fillets in a bowl. Pour over the vinegar and maple syrup and stir to mix well. Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge for at least an hour for the duck to marinate, stirring it occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, or wok, and add the red pepper, baby corn and sugar-snap peas, and cook over a high heat for 1-2 mins. Add the drained duck to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 mins, until the duck is cooked to your liking and the vegetables are just cooked.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce and 150ml (¼ pint) water. Bring the mixture to the boil. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water and pour it into the pan, stirring well to thicken the juices.
- Serve the duck immediately on a bed of boiled rice.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 225(kcal)
- Fat 5.5g
- Saturates 0.8g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.