Pork pittas with mango and pomegranate salsa
IngredientsFor the meatballs:
- 300g lean minced pork
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 level tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 200g carton ready-prepared mango
- 110g carton ready-prepared pomegranate seeds
- Freshly zested rind of 1 lime, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Pitta breads, warmed, to serve
The shaped meatballs can be frozen in a plastic container for up to 1 month. Defrost before baking.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- To make the meatballs: Mix together all the ingredients. Divide mixture into 12 and roll each portion into a ball. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa: Finely chop mango and stir in pomegranate, lime zest and juice and coriander, and mix well.
- Serve 3-4 meatballs per person with the pitta bread and salsa.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 222(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.