Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Sliders, juicy mini burgers served in smaller buns, are a massive food trend at the moment, The Fabulous Baker Brothers show you how to make the them with their simple recipe
- Four mini burger buns
- 400g chuck steak, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 slices burger cheese
- 1 big ripe tomato, sliced
- Butterhead lettuce
- Cucumber pickles
Love The Fabulous Baker Brothers? Try their steamed date and walnut pudding
- Divide the mince into 4 equal balls and lightly roll. The idea behind a slider is that you donít season and mix the burger, which will cause the meat to dry out and cure. Instead you season it last minute like a steak, so it retains maximum juiciness.
- Heat a frying pan and when smoking hot add the oil and the round balls of mince.
- Season and allow to brown for 1 minute, then push a small pinch of onions into the middle of each ball and Ďslamí the burger flat with a pallet knife.
- Flip the burger over so the onions can brown off and melt into the meat cook for a further 2 minutes, or longer if you donít like pink.
- Serve in baps with butterhead lettuce, ripe tomato and pickled cucumber. Henry says: 'Do as I do and place a piece of cheese and the split bun on top of the burger still in the pan, so the cheese melts to the bun. Lift the burger and add the bottom of the bun.'