Roast cabbage wedges
- 1 small winter green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges, core trimmed
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp caraway, or cumin, seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon, cut into 4 wedges
This recipe works well with Savoy cabbage or Brussels sprouts, but cook them in a pan and toss in the seeds.
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Brush the cabbage wedges all over with oil. Put them on a baking tray. Sprinkle with the seeds and season well. Add the lemon wedges.
- Roast for about 25-30 mins, turning them over halfway through cooking. Squeeze lemon juice over before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 72(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.