Strawberry, almond and caramel pancakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Turn your pancakes into an indulgent dessert by topping with strawberries, toasted almonds and a caramel sauce for a lovely sweet treat
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 100g flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300ml milk
- Oil for frying
For the filling:
- 20 strawberries, chopped
- 2tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp caramel sauce
- 300ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp, heaped, toasted almonds
Learn how to make perfect pancakes with our how to make pancakes video
- In a bowl, sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and leave to macerate while you make the pancakes. Switch your oven on to a low heat.
- Place the flour in a bowl and gently whisk in the milk and eggs so you have a lump free batter. It should be the consistency of singe cream.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat then wipe it with oil. Ladle enough batter into the pan to coat the base with an even, thin layer when you tilt it around the pan.
- Leave the batter to stand until the top side looks dry and the bottom is golden, usually around 30 seconds. Using a fish slice or a flick of the wrist, turn or flip the pancake to cook the other side. Once cooked pop it on a plate, cover with foil and keep it warm in the oven. Repeat this till al the batter is used up and you have a pile of pancakes.
- Gently fold the juicy strawberries and caramel through the yoghurt till it just ripples. Serve 2 pancakes per person topped with a dollop of the yoghurt mixture and scatter with almonds.