Raspberry pancakes with peach sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Turn your pancakes into a dessert with this easy pancake recipe. Sandwich thick raspberry pancakes with ice cream and drizzle with a delicious peach sauce
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 75ml milk
- 100g self-raising flour
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 150g raspberries, thawed if frozen
- 1tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 411g can peach slices in juice
- Ice cream to serve
Learn how to make perfect pancakes with our how to make pancakes video
- Place the egg yolks and milk in a large bowl, sift over the flour, caster sugar and salt and mix well. Whisk the egg whites in a clean grease-free bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold into the flour mixture. Gently stir in the raspberries.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Drop two to three large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Turn over and cook for a further 1 minute until golden. Transfer to a clean tea towel to keep warm. Cook the remaining batter in the same way to make 8 pancakes.
- To make the sauce: Puree the peaches and juice in a food processor until smooth. Serve the pancakes sandwiched with ice cream and peach sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 209(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.