- 800g-1kg (1lb10oz-2lb) rhubarb
- 250g (8oz) caster sugar
- Zested rind and juice of 2 oranges
- Ice cream, to serve
If the dish doesn’t have a lid, cover with a sheet of baking parchment with foil over the top of that.
- Set the oven to 120°C/250ºF/Gas Mark ½.
- Cut the rhubarb into 6-8cm lengths and place them in a non-metallic ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the sugar and orange zest, and stir to coat the rhubarb in the sugar. Pour over the orange juice. Cover the dish with a lid.
- Cook the rhubarb in the centre of the oven for 1-1½ hrs, or until the rhubarb is just tender.
- Remove rhubarb from the oven and leave it to cool.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled, with ice cream. The rhubarb will keep for up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 134(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.