Rachel Allen's rocky road
Prep time:(plus chilling)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Try Rachel Allen's version of a classic rocky road recipe to indulge your sweet tooth. Chocolates, biscuits and marshmallows set in melted chocolate -what's not to love about that?
- 450g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150g ginger nut biscuits, broken into 1cm chunks
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 x 40g Crunchie bars, cut into 1cm chunks
- 20cm square cake tin
You can add raisins or cherries to add a fruity taste or fudge pieces to make it even sweeter!
- Line the base and sides of the tin with baking parchment.
- Place the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water. Bring the water to boil, then take the pan off the heat and allow the chocolate to melt slowly. Once the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan and allow the chocolate to cool to just above room temperature. (If itís too hot, the marshmallows will melt.)
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and press into the prepared tin. Place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours or until set, then cut into fingers or squares to serve.